Monday, August 09, 2004

Terror Alerts Politically Motivated?

I just received an email about an interesting timeline showing correlations between terror alerts and political events unfavorable to the Bush administration. I am not sure exactly what I make it at the moment, as I need to study it a little more closely, but I will try posting some commentary on it in the next day or two.

I agree with the author of the blog in that some of the threats were legitimate, but that we need to very skeptical of the regime's actions. Fear is a powerful motivator, and people tend to "huddle under the umbrella of power" in such times, as Noam Chomsky so eloquently described it. It is certainly in the best interest of the administration to have the American people on their toes and constantly fearing a new enemy so we will be less critical of our government at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home